New Cannabis Patient Instructions
Medical Marijuana New Patient Guide
With the laws changing constantly Mindful Medicine Clinic physicians are required to keep up-to-date and educate patients on the latest changes.
Senate Bill 2023, which took effect on August 9, 2019, allows patient minors to have up to three caregivers instead of the original number of two.
The latest Senate Bill 455, which took effect on January 1, 2020, includes children under 18 with serious conditions to be treated with medical marijuana. The State Board of Education will also build a training program for in-house school nurses to administer medical cannabis to children patients at
Instructions for New Medical Marijuana Patients
These days, social proof is everything. If you have had a good experience at Mindful Medicine Clinic, we would really appreciate it if you shared!
Preparing for your Appointment with Mindful Medicine
- Pricing for new patient appointments is $300. Veterans and other qualifying patients are $100.
- You must be a resident of Illinois to utilize Mindful Medicine clinics medical services. Non-residents may benefit from consulting services.
- You must fall under at least one of the conditions within the Illinois medical marijuana list of recognized qualifying conditions to be considered a qualified patient. Please check the current Illinois Department of Public Health website for the entire list.
- Next, schedule an appointment with Mindful Medicine Clinic.
- After making an appointment, you will receive an invitation to OnPatient, your Mindful online patient portal. Accept this invitation and fill out your personal information.
- Include important medical history and medications in the portal. This makes the office appointment check-in much easier.
- When arriving at your appointment, you will need two forms of identification which includes your residential address. Examples of these would be your driver’s license and a piece of mail.
- Your picture will be taken in the office for additional identification purposes.
- Office personnel at Mindful Medicine Clinic will take care of all the additional paperwork
What to Expect During Your Appointment
- If you have not uploaded all updated information regarding proof of residency, medical information to the OnPatient online portal, it will be done now. Remember, less paperwork during the actual office visit gives you more one-on-one time with your physician.
- For patients using at least one caregiver, it is suggested that the caregiver(s) are present at the patient’s appointment. The caregiver has the option to attend the appointment in person or through a video conference.
- You will have a full medical evaluation by the physician followed by an educational discussion on medical cannabis and your particular condition.
What You Will happen After Your Appointment
- Before you leave the clinic, the Mindful Medicine staff will
- Scan your documents (you will receive them during the appointment)
- Submit your identification (so be sure to have to forms that have your address)
- Complete your registration for the State of Illinois Medical Cannabis License
- If applying for a caregiver license, please have two forms of ID for them.
- Pay the state application fees online with a credit or debit card. (Completed during the application process.
- When applying for a reduced fee, include a copy of your Social Security Benefit Verification statement or DD214.
- Select your official dispensary. This can be changed later, but is required to complete your application. You can see a complete dispensary list here.
- Your application will be processed by the State of Illinois in 1-2 business days, you will be able to check your status here.
- Call your selected dispensary to see if they require a first time appointment. They will want to verify your card, so either print it or take a screen shot.
- Go Shopping!!!
Happy, Healthy Patients Make for a High Quality of Life
Start your journey to recovery with Mindful Medicine Clinic. The mindful physicians are available for consultations and will provide helpful education regarding the best medical cannabis care regimen for you.
To make an appointment with Mindful Medicine Clinic, please call (224) 655-7246 or email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also schedule your appointment online by visiting the
We realize that we can’t answer every question you may have about the different programs, so if you have any questions please reach out.
All information contained on this website is intended for informational and educational purposes only, and is not intended nor suited to be a replacement or substitute for professional medical treatment or for professional medical advice relative to a specific medical question or condition.